1. Emmy toddling around the house singing, "GI Joe!"
2. Emmy, again, calling for her brothers. Today Asher went around the corner at the pool (with his mother's permission) and Emmy put her little hand to her mouth, then called, "Aaaa-sher!" The word sounds nothing at all like his name but the inflection is spot on. So cute.
3. Silas, preaching a cautionary tale from the back seat today. "Mom, if you get a Buzz (Lightyear) in your house, you better be careful. Because he will come to life, and everyone will like him better. And then Woody will push him out of the window. And they won't be friends until they have to leave the scary house." Love that boy. Love love love him. If there are any Buzzes living in your house, beware.
4. At the library today, of his own volition, Asher walked up to the circulation desk and said, "Excuse me, ma'am? Do you have any books about GI Joe?" (are you picking up on a theme in our house these days?). The librarian led him to the right place, and he thanked her and picked out his book. I love how precocious he is. I love his confidence.
5. Crystal Light Peach Tea. I am trying to stay hydrated these days (when am I not trying to stay hydrated, really?), and I'm so burned out on glass after glass (after glass) of water. Crystal Light's peach tea is saving my life, or at least my energy.
6. So far, I love summer. My kids just started their summer break, and we are all making the transition to a new schedule (so many transitions around here). I am sure there will be moments when I miss preschool, but most of the time, I really enjoy having them at home. I am enjoying finding a new rhythm to our mornings, and spending more relaxed time together. Plus, I haven't made a single peanut butter and jelly sandwich at 7 a.m. in DAYS.