Sunday, February 07, 2010

Babies babies everywhere.

First, go read this birth story. I WEPT, friends. And I'm not a crier (incidentally, for the past several months I have probably ended a story with, "And I'm not a crier!" half a dozen times. At some point I may have to accept that for reasons I can't quite pinpoint, I am becoming a more emotional person. I am becoming a crier, apparently.) Anyway, the story is beautiful. So are the pictures (especially the header - gorgeous. Okay I'll stop talking about it. Just go. See for yourself).

Second, my friend Leslie had a baby on Friday. The 3rd to have #3 in 3 months, remember? Baby Maggie is here, and I'm so excited for her.

Then, a family in church had their premie grandson with him, and he was just so .... tiny. He has this great big name (Judah - I LOVE the name Judah), and he's thriving after a scary start, and he's just so little.

I never get over new life.

Babies and mamas are beautiful. And no, I don't have the baby bug. (A post for another time, to be sure). Just - full of joy and awe over the privilege to reflect the nature of God - as Creator and Shepherd - to these little ones. Babies and mamas, friends. Beautiful.

Now go, read the story, congratulate Leslie, and rest in the Sabbath.

2 comments:

Kendra said...

Wow.

Thanks for the kleenex warning, but seriously, it wasn't strong enough.

You should have warned us with a "you will need a paper bag to breathe in from the sobs while reading this beautiful story".

But thank you for sharing it, it is beautiful.

Cindy said...

No kidding - Kendra was right! It was a beautiful and heart wrenching.