Thursday, March 19, 2009

First of all, he'll be nine months old on Saturday and has SIX TEETH. Between the teeth, pulling up, and the 18-24 month clothes, the kid looks a year old. Seriously.



Second - I'm done. D-U-N Done. Back in the days of wanting and waiting to have a baby, I would hear women say something similar to what I'm about to say and recoil. I'll never feel that way, I would think. They just don't know what they have.

I do know what I have. I love my life, and wouldn't want it any other way. But in this moment, I am over it - the tantrums, the immense amount of energy that goes into naptime, over carrying a child who is screaming, "GET AWAY FROM ME MAMA" out of a public place. OVER IT. I love them, and I love the time I have with them. But today I'm spent. Nothing left to give. DONE.

Which is perfect timing, because tomorrow Brian and I are going away for the night. Silas has spent the night at his grandma's a couple of times, but this will be the first time I've left town since he was born. I am READY.

Hopefully I'll come back with renewed patience for the work at hand. I need it.

2 comments:

The Bean said...

Amen! Mr Bean and I got a babysitter for the kids last Saturday for about 6 hours and just left the house to be by ourselves together for a few hours and it was long overdue.

Mercy's Maid said...

I hope your weekend is very restful and refreshing. Have fun!