Friday, January 23, 2009

All week long, Silas hasn't slept. He has taken one one-hour nap all day long, for days. It wasn't for lack of routine or consistency, he just would. not. sleep. Then it would take him hours to go to bed at night, and he would wake up crying at 2 am. There was a cycle of overtiredness, and I couldn't seem to stop it, and the whole thing was ... mindnumbing. It took over my life for a few days. Then I decided to, as Georgia's Mom likes to say, get glad where I once got mad, and just let it go. My guess is that he's teething again, and all I can do is be consistent. I cannot physically force the boy to sleep.

So we moved on. I made plans for the morning, thinking he would wake up from his only nap of the day around 9:30, then we could go with some friends to the zoo. My friends got here around 9, and the kids played, while we waited for Silas to wake up. And waited. Fed snacks, waited. Went outside, waited. The boy slept for THREE AND A HALF HOURS this morning, on the only day all week I've made plans.

Of course he did.

Then he ate lunch and went back to sleep, and his been asleep for an hour at this point. Whoo hoo! you're saying. Finally, a quiet afternoon. Guess again. Because Asher hasn't taken a nap now for two afternoons in a row.

Just in case you were beginning to think I have ANY CLUE WHATSOEVER what I'm doing, my children are here to assure you I do not.

Happy Friday, everyone.

Wait, one more thing. We had an Inaugural Playgroup on Tuesday. I wanted to honor the day in some way, and would have enjoyed planning a really for real party, with wine and dinner and whatnot. But bedtime schedules effect almost everyone I know by now, so we had cake and coffee after nap instead. We remembered the day with chocolate and legos, in case you were curious.

1 comment:

Kendra said...

Happy Friday to you too...hope you are sleeping as I comment =)