Sunday, July 13, 2008

What did I win? Because surely there's a prize for days like this. Silas would not be satisfied unless he is asleep on me (not Brian, not a grandparent - me. Which means I have had a baby strapped to me ALL day long. Still do.); Asher had a COMPLETE toddler moment this morning that involved swatting at me and then running from me, and in general has been more likely to sit down and cry than to follow any directions today; what started as a very simple leak in the bathroom has become the Pipe That Will to be Tamed, demanding more of Brian's energy than either of us wanted him to give; and I spent TWELVE (I do not lie - twelve) hours doing housework that would take me two hours sans children, and STILL did not finish. Sigh.

At least today is over. I guess that's my prize - the chance to start fresh tomorrow.

3 comments:

Rita Andrews said...

I STILLL have your baby gift for Silas!!!!!

aubrey said...

ugh! i hate those days! believe it or not those days happen sans children. my day kinda started out that way but lucky for me... i got back in bed and pulled the covers over my head and slept it away... i dedicate my nap to you!

amanda said...

YOU WIN...

Official entry into the mom of 2 kids club!! Welcome!

P.S. It gets better, I promise. And your fellow club members are here to help if you need to vent or anything else. :)