Tuesday, October 16, 2007

general malaise

I'm working on a Hump Day Hmmm post on journeys, as well as Emily's interview questions, so this is just an in-between. More interesting posts will follow in the next few days.

1. The largest cockroach EVER had the AUDACITY to climb onto my kitchen counter tonight while I was doing the dishes. The nerve. So what did I do? I walked away quietly and waited for it to die. The house has been treated, so he will die; he's already moving slowly, it's just a matter of time. He must have come in from the back door while I was bringing in our dishes from the back yard. To smash that thing on the counter would have been disgusting, and Brian wasn't home to flush him, so I left him there. Now he has climbed into our toaster oven, and Brian is threatening to make me deal with him. I hate hate hate hate roaches.

2. This week has been better than the previous several weeks have been. Yay.

3. My friend Laurie is coming to visit from Las Vegas in a few weeks. Yay for that, too.

4. Asher got new shoes last week. Two pairs - one is red leather with monkeys on the front, and the other is a pair of converse-style tennis shoes. They are adorable on him, but he's really not a fan. In his defense, as long as he's been aware of his feet, he hasn't needed shoes. Now I won't leave him alone about them. This morning, though, he won the shoe argument. I spent ten minutes (I'm not exaggerating - a literal ten minutes) putting shoes on him. As I was finishing tying the left shoe, he figured out how to kick off the right. Fine.


(an example of how cute red monkey shoes are)


(an example of how cute the baby wearing the red monkey shoes is)

2 comments:

Liz said...

i love the cute red monkey shoes, and i love the cute baby that wears the cute red monkey shoes!

i too, had a disturbing roach incident the other night. biggest roach i have ever seen in my life, just chillin in the middle of my living room. he played hide and seek for awhile behind my entertainment center, and i gave him the opportunity to leave, but he just didnt take the hint. so i flushed him. he seemed to take well to swimming and liked the water tunnel shoot, from what i could tell.

Anonymous said...

We had exactly the same Robeez!

Babies don't like shoes, do they?