Monday, June 11, 2007

toilets, fasting, irony. in no particular order.

The dog just threw up twice and the toilet just overflowed, and the ruckus woke up the baby (who was asleep in my arms when I realized the dog was throwing up and began chasing him outside), and it's not even 8:30 a.m. So what kind of award is this day going to get? Because it's going to need one.

But that's not what I stopped in to say.

I stopped in to tell you that Kat is organizing a 40-day fast. It was inspired by a picture on her blog that is - how do I describe it? - I don't even know. Anyway, stop by Kat's blog. Look at the picture, read about the fast, see if you're interested. She would like to have 40 participants; right now she has 11. If any of my nonblogging friends are interested in participating, you are welcome to guest post here when it's your turn.

And isn't the social phenomenon of the internet interesting? Average Blogger (you're anything but, by the way), this would be a great post for your new blog. It was your senior project that inspired my continual rant about the ironies of the internet. How we are both more connected to others, but less connected to our surroundings, because of the time we spend talking through this little black box. Although I guess it's only one of many little black boxes upon which we are dependent. Anyway, I've been thinking about this a lot recently, as Heather is traveling for the funeral of a friend she made online, and as I prepare to join my own online friends in fasting.

Happy Monday, everyone.

2 comments:

The Secret Life of Kat said...

Thanks for getting the word out Stephanie!

I seriously hope your day improves.

Heather said...

It was an amazing weekend. Nattie's family treated us like we were their long lost children come home. It was incredibly humbling and healing. Soon, we will have to talk more in depth.