Wednesday, August 23, 2006

a day in the life of

So here's mine:

Me (picking up the telephone, pouring a latte and answering the drivethrough buzz, simultaneously):
Coffee-Shop-on-Zelda-Road-this-is-Stephanie-How-can-I-help-you?

On the other end: Uh, is Antowan there?

Me: I'm sorry, he's not. Can I help you with something?

Him: Crap.

Silence.

Him:
Uh, do YOU know how to make my drink?

Silence.

Me:
Are you the white mocha?

Him: Yeah!

Me: You want a triple venti ten pump stirred white mocha with whipped cream and caramel drizzle on top.

Him: When are they supposed to stir it?

Me: Before the whipped cream.

Him: And that will get rid of the crappy taste?

Me: Yes.

Him: Ok. Thank you.

I KID YOU NOT.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

:) oh, the joys of retail!

Valerie said...

Hilarious. Ten pumps of what? White mocha?

Can I tell you, I had a dream the other night that you were serving monkey biscuits at your Starbucks? Complimentary with every purchase!

Hilarious.

Nick M. said...

Huh, huh, huh...you said "Monkey Biscuits" ;-)

Heather said...

Hee hee. This made me not miss it so much.

Laura M. said...

i am really late to comment on "piddling" but i just wanted to tell you that I TOTALLY feel you on this. I LOVE cool, crisp sunshiney mornings with no plans, hot coffee, a walk in a neighborhood, etc. When I am driving to work at 7am I see people walking there dogs with mugs of coffee and i envy them...but on the off days i had this summer i slept in. why?

Scooter said...

The older I get, the more I realize that people are really weird. All of us, but especially people like Mr. OCD-Starbuck's style. Odd.

buf said...

hahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa I LOVE IT!! (j)