Tuesday, August 22, 2006

I need a personal assistant.

Not full-time - maybe 10 hours a week, just for a few months. He will need to clean out the nursery and finish hanging pictures and get all of our sundry paperworkyTHINGS in order. Then he will need to go to the post office and the bank and the pharmacy. He'll need to clean out my car and get the house ready for company and cook the roast that's in the freezer. That should get me caught up for the week.

I need a personal assistant, not because I'm too busy for these things, but because coffee shops and unborn children require all of my energy. Still! I thought this was supposed to get better after the first trimester? I was told that I would have a burst of energy, that would be directed specifically toward my home. Nope. No nesting for me - not so far, anyway.

I need a personal assistant, but I can't afford one. So, what I really need is a missionary, searching for ways to serve God by serving others. Man, I've got about 60 hours worth of outreach just waiting on him. Send your high school kids to me, youth ministers. Teach them about humility in love and serving their neighbor. I'll get the to-do list ready.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

If I were there, you know I would be doing all that right? Sometimes, distance just sucks.

buf said...

hmm. why does it have to be a he?! (j)

Liz said...

I noticed that it was a he as well, as it should be!! I was at Kris' a couple of days ago while he was cleaning and I thought to myself, "Why can't it be like this all the time?" *grin* (or at least like that in my house? sigh)

Stephanie said...

well, a gender-neutral personal assistant sounds a little too much like either a slave or a robot. so i just picked a gender - i'm not sexist. i am open to anyone cleaning my house.

aubrey said...

I feel you babe! Except I don't have unborn children zapping my energy....so i really have no excuse! Nonetheless....you should see the pile of unopened mail, dirty laundry begging to be washed, and clean laundry waiting to make it back to their rightful home that litter my room! It looks like a teenage boy lives in my house.... but no its mine all mine! sigh...oh well!

Anonymous said...

unborn child:-) yeah!!! Glad I checked up on you. Hope all is well:-)

Emily

emily.deliakt@gmail.com

buf said...

hey! it's emily labranche!!!! (j)