Friday, March 10, 2006

spring in kansas

Here's how springtime happens in Kansas.

We're moving along through the browngrey prairie of Kansas, same bluegrey sky day after day, wind pushing the little Honda across the interstate, nothing in the landscape except barns and cows. I pull into the driveway, get out of my car, and think, is that a bird? I think I hear a bird.

Next day, same browngreycowbarn landscape, same wind, same interstate, except - isn't that a frog? I think I hear frogs ...

The animals know it's spring, even if the ground doesn't. It's nice to hear the sounds of life again.

3 comments:

buf said...

I heard a chirpy bird when I woke up this morning and felt the exact same way :D (janet)

buf said...

p.s. so when are you moving back to bama? I'll be there like May 20-27ish. \o/

Liz said...

So I have decided that there is no normal weather in KY. Today, high of 71 low of 65. Tomorrow, high of 41 low in the 30s. What's that about, really?