Monday, March 13, 2006

Leaving


tomorrow. I won't have email/blogworld access all week, so feel free to CALL ME if you want to talk.

It's a bittersweet day.

Also, we made it through the tornadoes unscathed. It's too obvious to even talk about how tornadoes are chasing us out of Kansas. Pa-lease. Even I, who love to hear and tell a good corny cliche once in a while, won't take that bait.

AND, just to clear up any confusion, we're leaving tomorrow for Alabama (though I won't be there until Thursday, because I'm going to see Elizabeth and Cindy and Mikkee first. This time I'm taking the scenic route through the middle of America). We're going to be living with my parents. We're still weighing our options about where to land, and we're still in the running with a few churches, including the one in Florida. SO. That's where we are. It is my goal to see as many of my friends as possible during our time in Alabama, so make plans to come visit (except for those that I owe a visit TO, in which case, I'M STILL WORKING ON IT).

It's weird how one of the few constants in my life is the pseudoreality of the computer. That's very odd ... In a few days, I'll turn on a computer, and this site will still be here, and I'll be writing to you on it, but I'll be in a different house and a different state and a different job (still a Barista, by the way. Look for me on Ann Street). How strange.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay! Don't givbe up being a barista.

Storming bad here, now. Gotta go.

buf said...

Ann Street, sweet!
Will you be there in May, do you think? I'll be there at the end, and I would like to SEEEE you. Carrie and I are planning a visit with Heather, at the halfway point, if you want to come, too. Carrie has a MINIVAN now, so eees no problem, senorita. -- Jab

buf said...

and Allison - Starbucks has yummy tea and cocoa, too. the one here does, anyhow. Yummmm.

Anonymous said...

Allison.... Honey Vanilla Steamer.

I don't do coffee either, but that thing is heaven. If you get a small, it is steamed half n half with vanilla syrup and 2 packets of honey.

When we open our coffee shop, I will be calling it the Vanilla Canaan. (milk and honey, get it? ha ha ha I am so corny)