Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Ahem.

In the past few days, since I started writing about Scripture and truth and such, something unexpected is happening ... I'm losing friends like flies. Well, not losing them so much as no one wants to talk to me anymore. Sad.

We all know that there is a season for everything (in my head I hear Valerie saying, "Life is about balance"). This is my season to be here, doing this. I love it and I'm thankful for it, but I also know that it can't last forever. I will have hard times and just regular old days again. I enjoy this because I know it's temporary. And being temporary doesn't falsify any experience - it doesn't dull pain in hard times, or the fun of good times. So I'm glad to be here, but if you aren't, if you are doubting God or just not even thinking about spiritual things right now, that's fine,too. It's the season you're in. I will be there again,and you will be here, because that's the way it works.

There is therefore now no condemnation from Kansas.

Love,
ssg

3 comments:

Unknown said...

For the record, I will still talk to you- this is just the normal not returning calls thing...

I love you, even if you are studying spiritual warfare. ;-)

Stephanie said...

val, you would absolutely roll your eyes at most of what i'm studying right now. but i'm loving it ... by the way, if you ever DO call me back again, i'll be more concerned than when you don't. i'm beginning to think that the girl formerly known as valerie was only a phantom that appeared for a little while and has since vanished. occasionally, phantom valerie possesses someone else's thoughts in order to randomly comment on blogs ...

ps i am SO excited that i'm going to be at nick's wedding, which is in just TEN DAYS.

Liz said...

I still talk to you!! And to copy everyone else's sentiments, I have LOVED hearing and reading about God's provision and growth for you guys in Kansas. Remember - any day now Hank and I are going to show up on your doorstep!! =)

p.s. I read some of Anderson's stuff in my Spiritual Warfare class last semester - I can't wait to talk to you about some of it!!!