Monday, February 18, 2013

Update: Brennan slept tonight from 7:30-4, woke up to eat, and then went right back to sleep. Which means I also slept from 7:30 to 4. I feel like throwing a party. A very quiet party. But right now there is no one to share my joy because, dude, it's 4:30 in the morning.

The trick? A new sleep sack. He had outgrown his swaddler, and I honestly did not make the connection between that and his sleeplessness until yesterday. After staring into my coffee yesterday morning muttering, what am I going to do?! I decided to just start fresh, and be very serious about routines. Before all of this started, what props helped him fall asleep? His little elephant blanket, sleeping on an incline, and his swaddler. Swaddlers are made for newborns, and he is almost four months old. So I picked up a sleep sack yesterday, and though naps were a bust, it seemed to do the trick tonight.

Thanks be to God.

As an aside, I hardly ever buy baby gizmos, so it feels a little foreign to keep investing in these little sleeping sacks. But 20$ every few months is a small price to pay for a sleeping baby, friends.

Sweet dreams.

No comments: