1. Last night I was staring at my tiny son's face, thinking about all of my children and praising God for the joy of nurturing the souls entrusted in my care. This morning I was taking deep cleansing breaths and telling one of those same beautiful souls "I am all done with your attitude this morning."
This, friends, is the reality of motherhood.
2. Sometimes success looks like this (pardon the grainy phone photo):
3. Brennan started reflux medicine a day or two ago. Practically overnight (at the two-week mark, which is when such things emerge), he went from a baby who was mostly on a routine, mostly falling asleep easily, mostly easy to soothe, to a baby who could not be put down, ever. He was crying for a few hours at a time, a few times a day. He also started spitting up two or three times as much as he had been. But with the medicine he isn't nearly as fussy. Thankfully.
4. Today was the Thanksgiving feast at the boys' school.
I look at this picture and think, how sweet that Asher was so excited to see me at his party. Followed by, hey wow I look pretty bad. But I was there! And that's what counts, right?
5. I had my first kid-free outing since giving birth this morning. An hour and a half, all to myself. What did I do with it? Shop for the kids. Of course. This, too, is the reality of motherhood.
Happy Friday, friends.