Tuesday, February 21, 2012

meanwhile, back at the ranch ...

I got on an airplane on Thursday to see this



and this



and this



but mostly it was to do this.



We ate fancy cupcakes in Georgetown and saw a show at the Kennedy Center and shopped in the outdoor market and generally just roamed the streets of DC for a couple of days.

It was the first time I have done this



in over two years, and it was great great fun. More than the country mouse/ city mouse thing, stepping into the life of a single woman was especially novel. If you don't want to eat dinner at 5:30, you don't have to! Who knew. Everything is so quiet and ordered. I woke up naturally and ate girly food. But as much as all of that is very fun, I missed doing this



and this



an awful lot. From the look of things, they enjoyed the break from normal life too.



Now I'm home, washing clothes, attempting to talk above the fray, and remembering how much I love my life.

Still, it was fun to get away.

(And if you're wondering, Brian tended the roost beautifully. I came home to vacuumed floors clean counters, and a treehouse with walls and a roof. Impressive.)

Happy Tuesday all.

No comments: