Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Good morning.

I got my hair cut yesterday. It's shorter than I wanted. A good bit shorter, actually. Some women would be upset, but I keep thinking, Sweet! I won't have to get it cut again for like, six months. It's going to grow into something I'm really going to like.

That probably makes me pretty weird, right?

When I got Emmy out of her bed this morning, I discovered she had thrown up in the night. She slept through it, then IN it.

Nice.

Bring on the Lysol, and bleach, and laundry detergent, and hand sanitizer.

Juice and crackers have been successful so far, and no fever. Whatever that means.

So far we have never had a stomach bug among our kids that didn't run through the house. But typically I live in denial for a while. I say things like, it must have been what he ate. Today I am acknowledging that my kids have never once thrown up because of something they ate. So I'm quarantining her as best as I can, toddling behind her with Lysol, and praying for health for the rest of us.

That's what I'm doing this sunny muddy Tuesday morning. How is your day shaping up?

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, I hope it was "just something she ate". Sickness in a house full of small children is rough.

My day has been great, actually! Thanks for asking! Olivia is back to school today, the remaining five babysitting kids are all in good moods, and I had a girlfriend come over for coffee while her little boy was at preschool today. Adult conversation does wonders for my mood!

Kendra said...

Ugh...I will be praying too. Having sick Littles is like having newborns in my opinion. Hard.

I got my haircut when the twins were 6 months old, and then again an entire year later. When I was leaving, the lady that cuts it said "let's try for 6 months instead of a year next time =)"