Friday, September 09, 2011

It's Friday afternoon, the weather is perfect, the windows are open, and the house is full of sunshiney breeze. The little ones are asleep, it's been a full week. There is NOTHING about this moment that makes me want to unload the dishwasher or run a load of laundry. But wow, do I need to.

On a related note, I commented to Brian a little while that I hadn't done anything around the house this week, and that I felt behind (behind what? I don't know. It's not as though I'm going to be a. graded, or b. finished with these tasks. And yet, I feel behind). He looked around and said, "I honestly hadn't noticed." I'm not sure if this makes me feel better or worse.

Also, Asher continues to collect prizes from the treasure box at school for me. A few weeks ago it was a ring; today it was a bracelet. So so sweet. Are all four-year-olds this sweet to their mamas? Is it just boys? Or is it just mine?

That's all I've got this afternoon.

Hope it's as pretty outside of your window today.

1 comment:

Heather said...

David thinks of me and Corey when he is shopping, but Haydn doesn't. Granted, Haydn's Asperger's means he doesn't think of anyone but himself almost ever. Therapist asked "What are you supposed to do if you see smoke pouring from the neighbor's window and realize their house is on fire?" Haydn's reply... Go back in my house and try not to get burned.