Monday, July 18, 2011

I am of the opinion that if I don't have anything productive to say, I shouldn't say anything at all, at least not on the internet.

Usually, I hold pretty tightly to that. Mostly because I really really REALLY hate conflict.

But seriously? This guy makes me a crazy person. Really really crazy.

How hard is it to just say, "Hey, I was a jerk, and I'm sorry about that"? Isn't that so much easier than backpedaling yourself into an entire website devoted to why you were right to make fun of someone in public? And isn't the Joe the Plumber-esque story just a little over the top? So, yeah, you met a guy who agreed with you. Congratulations. That wasn't an opportunity to maybe mention that the Kingdom of God is bigger than our stereotypes?

Okay, I will seriously stop now.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

In other news, Brian told our church yesterday that we're moving. He also spent the weekend painting trim, to get the house ready to put it on the market.

Makes the whole thing feel more real.

That's pretty exciting.

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

And I feel like Asher is crossing a threshold, both in his behavior and his awareness of how his behavior effects other people. Several opportunities recently to talk about how God loves us, and what it means to be sorry for what we did, ask forgiveness, and try to do better. I don't necessarily enjoy seeing him regretful over his behavior, but I do love the chance to share my faith with him. I love the chance to live out grace to one another.

Because if we can't show grace to our children, then what's the point of being a believer at all?

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

I've been fired up recently. Can you tell?

I've also been singing an old Caedmon's Call song all weekend, "This world has nothing for me, and this world has everything ..."

I'm looking at you, Cindy Roy.

Happy Monday, all.

4 comments:

ljkgates said...

I was sorry I missed church yesterday but I'm glad I wasn't there when he announced the move. There are just some things a mother's heart can't take.
Love you guys.

Kendra said...

COLORADO?!?!?!?

BIRTHDAY?!?!?

Catching up today =).

Happy belated birthday my friend, and congrats on the move. Jealous over here. I've always wanted to live in Colorado. It's sunny there almost every day =).

Yea for potty training, and yea for answers to questions.

And yea for birthdays.

Hope things seem lighter now...=)

Heather said...

My favorite Caedmon's song, and I was ranting about Mark Driscoll to Corey, last night. I told him if he ever becomes the kind of minister who devotes websites to his own awesomeness, I will smack him.

Cindy said...

Can't believe it took me until now to see this. :) Love the old Caedmon's days. Your faith still inspires me.