3. I need a Baby Whisperer. This is my third time to do this; I feel like I should know more than I do. Emmy went from "How did I get so lucky, to have such a DREAM baby?" to "Please please please honey just stop SCREAMING" and back again this past week. Does anybody know anything about this? I don't want to be hyper vigilant, but I also don't want to ignore something that needs to be addressed. Advice, Internet?
4. The number of sunny beautiful days directly correlated to the number of days Emmy screamed and whimpered, and there's a very good reason why that's true: God knows me well. He knew that two cooped up little boys PLUS one screaming whimpering infant would be the end of me. So praise Jesus the boys have been able to spend a few days playing outside, while I've been inside googling things like "eating peanut butter while nursing" and "TELL ME WHY SHE'S CRYING." Thanks, God.
5. Pumping. BOO. If that's more than you'd really like to know about me, well, it's more than I'd really like to know about me too.
6. Asher turned four and had a baby sister at more or less the same time. As a result, we've upped the ante. We are expecting more of him than we used to (while also trying to make sure he has a little more freedom, too). At first this was met with much MOANING and DREAD ("I CAN'T take my pajamas to the laundry because I just ... can't ... walk ... anymore ..." - and if you think I'm exaggerating you clearly haven't lived with a small child), but now he's adjusted, and I'm so proud of him. There's something about seeing him take care of himself a little more than he did a month ago that makes me ... happy.
7. I have a newfound love of the Veggie Tales. So. Funny. And not sarcastic or rude. The bunny, the bunny, oh I love the bunny - has become a favorite song around here.
There. Made it.