Monday, December 14, 2009

Brian and I once went to the best wedding reception - rather than reception food, they had all of the couple's favorite foods. Chocolate chip cookies and spinach dip (separately, of course) are the two that I remember. I thought it was such a fun idea, and have tried to do that with my kids' birthdays. Rather than offering party food, I try to make sure I'm offering my kids' favorite foods to their guests. Which is why tomorrow morning I will be serving pumpkin cupcakes with cream cheese frosting and a chocolate dump truck on top two sixteen of Asher's closest toddler friends.

Speaking of cupcakes, something funny happened yesterday. One of our friends brought cupcakes to celebrate her son's third birthday (I know. We also had another birthday party last week and have two other friends with birthdays later in the month. Something was in the air that spring ...), so the children all enjoyed a little chocolate with their gospel about 10:00 a.m. About 10:40, they all melted down, one by one, in the sanctuary. We each took our turn leading (or dragging) a sugar-crashing kid out of the service. It made me laugh a little. Not much, because I had my turn as well, but a little.

One more funny story - Asher's been stomping around the house saying, "Fe! Fi! Fo! Fum! I'm Santa Claus! Yo Ho HO!" Something has obviously been lost in translation.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

mikkee said...

that is quite a christmas greeting!