Monday, August 17, 2009

on time

My sister, God bless her, is good at a lot of things. But punctual, she is not. No one in my family is, truthfully, and I guess she's no better or worse at it than the rest of us.

Who would have guessed she'd have a baby on her due date?

WH (I'm going to have to come up with a name for him, or check with her before I give his real name) was born at 7:25 this evening. Not one day early, not one day late. Right on time. Go figure.

He is beautiful. 7 lbs, 4 oz of CHEEKS, I swear. I've never seen a baby so ROUND and PERFECT since ... June of last year. But still. Among babies I have not personally birthed, he is the prettiest.



And my sister - who is way more put together than I am, ever - gave birth in her earrings. Earrings that matched her hospital gown, no less. How Steel Magnolias of her.



Which puts us at 3 boys in 2 1/2 years in our family. I'm equal parts thrilled and intimidated by such a prospect. Boys to grow up together! And take turns killing each other! How will we ever keep them alive long enough to finish grade school?

So, thanks be to God for baby H! And say a prayer for our family. Because in two years? We.

Are.

Toast.

9 comments:

Nick M. said...

YAY SCOOTER!! CONGRATS!!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful! So glad little man is finally here! Tell Miss Allison that I am just tickled for her!!

Also, sounds a bit like my family, with all those boys. On my mom's side, there were 4 boys in 4 years. I was the girl in between. No wonder I'm so tough. :)

Heather said...

WOO HOO! I was just thinking of your sister, yesterday.

ljkgates said...

I just came from seeing baby H and holding him. PRECIOUS! He is a pretty boy. Your sister is allowing me to be called Auntie!
Too Cool!

Cindy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! Sounds like you (or maybe just the kids!) have a lot of fun adventures ahead...

Anonymous said...

i have three boys...6, 5, and 8 mos. i have a neice that is 5 as well. She holds her own with my older boys just fine. the first three 1/2 years were easy its been the last couple that have been truly hair raising when the three oldest get together. my oldest is a bit of a chicken so he will back off the adventures, but T and L can create new kinds of havoc without ever having to even speak to each other.(see my recent blog post thick as thieves for a few of their recent adventures on vacation)...
good luck and enjoy it is a heckofa ride with lil ones so close.
Steff

Emily Pardy said...

Congrats!!!! Can't wait to hear his name and see more pics. What a blessing!! (p.s. yes, how Steel Magnolias of her - love the earrings! ha!)

Kendra said...

HA! Congrats to your fam =)

Kendra said...

HA! Congrats to your fam =)