That's the kind of advice I like.
Too bad. What's too bad? If it's loud enough to wake me up in the middle of the night, is that too bad? If he can sleep through it, is he still okay? His breathing isn't labored - at least not the way it was the time he choked. I should say, his breathing doesn't cause me to wonder if I should call 911. But it is ... rattley. And he does have that puckered face of a baby who doesn't feel well. So does that warrant a new appointment?
He's only been on the new antibiotic 12 hours. Shouldn't I give it time to work? And yet the weekend looms. Am I dooming myself to an ER visit if I don't go in this afternoon? Worse, am I dooming HIM to breathing treatments in a hospital on Monday if we don't go in now?
Then a neighbor says, a kid from my kid's mother's day out class has RSV. And two of our neighbor friends are in the same class. So I begin to wonder - is this RSV? Neither neighbor has it, so surely not. But it could be going around. How would I know? But wait. He's been sick for 8 days, and the cough only developed 3 days ago. That's not the way RSV works, right? RIGHT?
This is what it's like to live in my head this morning.
So we're going to the doctor at 4, when I'm absolutely positive she will tell me he's fine, he doesn't have RSV, chill out and give the new antibiotic time to work already. But I am equally positive that if we don't go in this afternoon, I will spend the next two days wondering if I should have.
Happy Friday, everyone.
UPDATE: No RSV. Just the crud.