Monday, October 27, 2008

The thing is that there is plenty going on, but nothing I want to hash out on a blog. So...

We have entered the world of hypoallergenic formula. I'm wondering if maybe the base of hypoallergenic formula is gold dust, but I'm also thankful to live in a place where I have the option of using a special formula to spare my child some discomfort. He has excema and has had a snorty nose - not stuffy, exactly, but not normal either - since the day he was born, so the pediatrician thinks it's a milk allergy. Given that I have a milk allergy (that causes excema), I think she's right. He's been on it since Friday, and his nose is clear for the first time ever. His skin also seems to be clearing up - he doesn't have any new patches, anyway. Anyone else ever smelled hypoallergenic formula? I swear to you it smells like cheese puffs mixed with dog food. It smells DISGUSTING. Silas loves it. He likes it way better than the old stuff, and the first time it was offered to him, he finished his bottle for the first time in a week. He's also getting the hang of cereal, which is good news for all of us. The more cereal he eats in the evening, the better chance we both have of sleeping through the night.

Asher's language is taking off. He learns not just new words, but new concepts, constantly. It's so much fun to watch.

Happy Monday.

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Ugh...We went back and forth with Olivia's formula when she was really small and spitty. We used a gentler formula for awhile until she got over it, and it helped. But it was the nastiest stuff...caked everywhere and smelled awful. I was glad to get back to her regular formula, and even happier when she FINALLY stopped with the spitting. Glad that it's helping Silas, even if you have to suffer the smell.

aubrey said...

cheese puffs and dog food!!!! I'm choking back the nausea! but if he likes it...het..have at it kid! glad to hear he's doing well with it!

LMilky said...

I am curious about this formula... the girls have this same snorting thing. I plunge their noses and get the clear mucous and offer them saline spray once a day but the snorts don't go away... hmmm...

Madame Rubies said...

I had to buy that stuff. Liquid gold.