Monday, October 13, 2008

scooters

My sister is known to her family, and anyone who knew her as a young child, as Scooter. She earned her nickname when, as an infant, she would scoot around the house. You could put her down on her blanket and find her across the room, without ever knowing exactly how she got there. The nickname stuck, and until she was six years old and informed her teacher one day, "My name is Allison," the name Scooter was written on the roll of her first grade class. Her teacher obliged and "officially" changed her name in public, but she is still Scooter to my parents and me.

Ladies and gentlemen, I introduce Scooter: the next generation.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

he's too young to be doing this already!?!?!?!?! how funny!

Nick M. said...

that's freakin' awesome. harper and lily have started scooting in their beds at night while the are asleep. we will put them down square in the middle of the bed and the last two mornings we have found them flush against the top edge of the bed.

Stephanie said...

What's funny about this picture is the fact that I took it at all.

Wait son - your head's stuck under the couch? Let me get the camera!

Lisa said...

Ha! I do this too. I find Olivia stuck in a tight position and have no idea how she got herself caught there, and I feel the urge to get the camera before freeing her. What's up with that?