Sunday, May 11, 2008

good day

First of all, I got a pair of flip-flops, a food processor, and a pedicure for Mother's Day. What else could a girl want?

Second of all, see this balloon?

We wanted to take it to Laura today. It's her first Mother's Day, and these things should be celebrated. So Asher and I loaded up and went to the hospital. Only, the wind caught the balloon as I was loading the stroller. We had a Luverne and Shirley moment where I chased a balloon - eight months pregnant, baby on my hip - across a parking lot and through a muddy field, stopping traffic in both lanes, baby squealing and calling "BOON!" all while I waddled as quickly as pregnantly possible. We nearly caught it when it got tangled in some weeds, but alas, in the end the balloon found its freedom, and Asher had to tell it good-bye.



We spent the rest of the day at my parents' house, playing and eating too much. My in-laws also came up for the day. It was a good day.





4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh how I wish I could have seen that comic moment. :) Hope you still went to see Laura.

And it looks like Asher ate a lot of dirt. Too funny!

The Bean said...

Wow! 8 months! I can't wait to see pictures of your new little one soon!

Nick M. said...

Mmmmm Dirt, its what little boys are made of.

Anonymous said...

You folks look happy.