Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Remember my idea last year, about having a missionary come and serve my family for a while? A personal assistant type ... work off a DUI, or serve out of your convictions, I'm not picky. I could use another set of hands around here. Because there are still rooms in my house that look like this:



Shocking, I know. But I've done everything that I can during naps. What's left now is to get in the attic (too loud for naptime), make multiple trips to the shed (which feels like a job for Brian, though I know I'm being sexist for thinking that way. Reader understand that Brian has worked and WORKED on this house. He just hasn't gotten around to that particular task), and assign a home to Asher's toys (which obviously can't be done during naps). So here I sit.

There are important things going on right now, but none of them are bloggable. Some of it isn't mine to tell, and what is mine isn't processed enough to write about it yet. So instead I'll post some pictures. We'll call this set "In Transition." True in life as well.



The fun and exciting new couch - my first piece of Big Girl furniture. Well, I guess I've bought a book shelf and a desk (says something about priorities, maybe?) but this is the first piece of furniture we've picked out that anyone else will notice or care about. My mom, sister, and I went shopping in a SHED in Bullock County, where - I KID YOU NOT - I had to pee behind an ancient Winnebego, because they had no bathroom. But nobody's complaining, because they sell nice furniture for about half of what you'd pay in town.

However, this is the current arrangement of our living room:



The blue chair will eventually live in the sun room, because it's entirely too comfortable and has all of my baby-rocking memories attached to it. For now, though, we have our own version of the chair from Frasier. We'll add some duct tape for effect. And the old couch will live in our guest room until we have a guest bed, when it will be passed on to someone else who needs a couch.

And this is my favorite picture:


We were trying to get Asher to wave bye to the apartment, but instead he got all bashful and cute.

What has your week been like?

7 comments:

Liz said...

love this post. if i were there...i would totally come help you organize! :) maybe we can just webcam, and i can direct from china. hehe i love the new couch - looks comfy and cant wait to try it out! as for the spare couch...if you can hold on to if for about 14 more months...i can take it off your hands (i'll be in need of a couch when i return, seeing as how i sold mine) and yes, super cute picture of a super cute baby!!

thailandchani said...

I like that picture of you with your child, too.

Buying "stuff".. one of the things I find hardest. Probably because I don't like having to move it. :)


Peace,

~Chani
http://thailandgal.blogspot.com

Heather said...

I like the pretty new couch, and I know what you mean about unbloggable things. My thoughts are all in one general location and I can't share yet, if ever. But, I am trying to use those thoughts to inspire thoughts I CAN share (hence the Derek Webb posts).

Wish I was there to help you move. If I had someone to keep my kids, I would come ASAP.

Anonymous said...

My week? Well, five minutes ago I got an email from my sister's husband asking about the OTHER cat. Does that sum it up?

Love the double couch thing, BTW.

Stephanie said...

Emily, you're kidding! Another cat email? After you've been banished?!

At least, if you're going to be cut off, you should be free from pet drama.

M'elle said...

I hate the "I should be doing something, but I can't and if I do I will mess up______" feeling. My mind has been very full lately too. I can't sleep, but I can't blog about it either.
I realized that when I came to clean I only did 3 sets of blinds, move some pictures and wipe down the cabinets. I still owe you. Would your child let me watch him or can I help you?

M'elle said...

Oh, and the whole cat hing - I mean I love my cats, but man.... it makes NO sense. And the audacity! AUDACITY!