Wednesday, May 16, 2007

As usual, I wait until the most inconvenient moment possible to decide to post, but that's self-inflicted. I wonder what it is about activity that makes me want to SIT, and what it is about sitting that makes me want to move ... anyway, a few miscellaneous announcements for you.

!. Because I am his mom, and this blog is a running commentary on my life, you have to endure a little baby exuberance sometimes. Like now - Asher got so excited about his pears yesterday that he rolled over on them. It was his first milestone that we can now check off the list. He was very pleased with himself, and that was probably the funnest part of all. By the way, baby food is going great. He likes green foods as well as the sweet ones and has enjoyed everything but bananas so far. NO bananas, though; he threw them up and was sick the rest of the day.

@. Freecycle - does everyone know about this? Is everyone doing it? It's a yahoo group where you can give away stuff you don't need, as well as pick up stuff that you do need that someone else is giving away. It's good for the environment, good for being responsible stewards of our stuff and money, good for being active in your community, and generally just - good. So. Freecycle, everyone.

#. I wasn't kidding - there really is a family in our church who is raising 10 kids; 5 of them are foster children, and 3 have just arrived. This family is in NEED of all things kid-related. So, if you spot any bunk beds, kid clothes, bikes, refrigerators, jars of peanut butter, popsicles, Scooby-Doo videos - WHATEVER - please contact me and I'll make sure it gets to this family, where it will be consumed with gratitude.

$. I had the best Mother's Day ever. It included breakfast at a previously undiscovered restaurant (and, considering that we live in Montgomery, which not a sizeable city, discovering new food is both unusual and really fun), a nap, grilled pork chops for dinner, and the entire West Wing collection. Yay for me!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I am with you. Sitting makes me restless and moving makes me wanna relax.

I used to use Freecycle. I need to check back into it.