Wednesday, January 31, 2007

All hoods should come with ears.



Six weeks later, and the most important thing I've learned is that I don't know jack about what I'm doing. My degree and experience? Mean that I am qualified to list all of the ways my inadequacies could damage Asher's psyche. Great. Honestly, the past six weeks would have probably been easier had I studied, I don't know, math or something in school. The best advice I've heard so far is that you're going to make a million decisions for your child; you just hope that you don't screw up all million of them.

Even so, I've never had so much fun.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

None of us know what we are doing. Welcome to the club. *grins* Motherhood makes us all equal. LOL! My advice for new moms is always, "Follow your instinct."

Liz said...

I can't imagine you could possibly screw up all million decisions. because you are operating out of love and holy guidance, so i think the odds are on your side. :)

by the way - that has to absolutly be the cutest picture yet!!! :)

Tonya said...

He is soooo adorable! I love the hat :) I don't have much advice for being a parent yet. But I know in my heart that you and Brian make excellent parents.

Kim said...

He looks HAPPY and HEALTHY, you must be doing something right =)

Flying Turds said...

He is a cute one :)

buf said...

the fun part's what counts, Stog - j