Saturday, March 18, 2006

You just knew it was going to happen this way.

We've been floating along for months now - almost six of them, actually - and our prayers have all been answered with spiritual fruit, but with nothing tangible to show for them. And now, when we'd almost made a decision, just a regular old let's-put-our-thinking-caps-on-and-decide kind of decision - WHAM! - we have OPTIONS. We have to choose between something and something else. Options. Think of that.

Options are scary because they mean that I have to be responsible for my future. I won't be able to say, "Well, we didn't know what else to do," or "We didn't think we had a choice," because that will be a lie. Now we have to CHOOSE. One or the other.

It sounds scary, but it's really ok. I think we know what the best choice is. God has been teaching us about the value of wisdom (the parents are reading this and thinking - yes! use some wisdom this time!!) and I think we know what the wise choice is. I'm not going to tell you all more, because I don't want you to weigh in right now. But once we decide, maybe I'll tell you what we didn't do ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFL! "Maybe I'll tell you what we didn't do." I so love you Steph. I so have to see you soon.

Anonymous said...

PS Seeing as my husband and your husband are best friends. I actually KNOW your options, so I am feeling smug. *snicker* Just kidding. Let us know soon. I'll be praying over you.

Stephanie said...

Yeah, I should have guessed that. Usually Corey is the first to know everything ...