1. Happy birthday to this baby!
2. It is cold again. It's one of those bright, cloudless, blustery days that makes every person in western Kansas City want to hang out in everyone's favorite coffee shop. I know this is true because I served them all today.
3. In an effort to give legendary service in three minutes or less, I offered someone a piece of reduced fat cinnamon SQUIRREL coffee cake yesterday. She declined.
4. There's been some promising developments with the church hunt. A church in south Florida has invited us down to visit/ interview. I don't know if this will go anywhere or not, but it is nice to have people interested in us.
5. Have you guys heard all the hype about A Million Little Pieces, by James Frey? My sister gave it to me for Christmas, but I haven't read it yet. Apparently the guy claimed to be writing his memoirs, when the book is actually fiction. I'm having a hard time understanding what the big deal is. So it's fiction ... how does that affect whether or not you enjoy reading the story? I don't really get it.
That's all. I too am off to enjoy my cold sunny Saturday with a cup of coffee and a new book to read.