Thursday, January 19, 2006

The flogging will continue until morale improves.

SOMEBODY STOLE MY CLOTHES FOR WORK OUT OF THE WASHING MACHINE AT THE LAUNDROMAT. Why my work clothes were in the laundromat instead of in the washing machine at the Searcys is a ridiculously complicated story, so suffice to say that SOMEBODY STOLE MY CLOTHES. My ONLY work clothes.

And? I've learned something very important about myself this week. It is not good for me to spend too much time with people who, like me, put a lot of pressure on themselves to do everything right. It brings out every neurotic tendency that I have - it's the long division feeling, the feeling of trying really really hard to get something right and not being able to and knowing that it's frustrating someone around you and STILL not being able to do it right (long division always produced this kind of anxiety in me). I want to bite my fingernails just thinking about it ...

The flogging will continue until morale improves.

But let's stick with the conversation about prayer.

3 comments:

buf said...

aw, geez. sucky feeling!!

Liz said...

that really sucks - who steals someone else's clothes?! well, more pants are on the way - they should be there tuesday or wednesday!

Stephanie said...

YAY TO LIZARDBREATH FOR SENDING ME PANTS FOR WORK! I bought some at Good Will but I look like a PE coach. I need fashion help. Badly.