Saturday, October 27, 2012

five hours later, i was doing this


Thursday night was the real thing, after all.

Everybody loves a good birth story.  I always want to hear how babies came into the world, and there is usually some funny or amazing moment in every mother's tale.

Friends, Brennan's entrance hurt.

Even though I have c-sections, I have never made it to a due date, so I've been in labor before.  But this was different.  This labor HURT.  And his surgery was more unpleasant than the others have been.  So please don't ask me Brennan's birth story.  It's a little gory, and not very cute.  The best thing I can say about the evening is that it ended relatively quickly, and by 2 a.m. I was settled in a hospital room, holding a sweet baby boy with round little cheeks and an impressive little appetite.

Thanks be to God.

No comments: