Thursday, September 16, 2010

Filed under "I couldn't make this stuff up"

1. I often comment on how my mental well-being is heavily reliant upon level blood sugar and proper hydration. I KNOW how much I sound like a wienie when I say that, but I swear it's true. Maybe I have a sensitive system? Or maybe - this seems more likely - I'm just aware of what works, rather than just pouring another cup of coffee out of habit. ANYWAY. Yesterday I didn't drink enough water. It happens. And in between lunch and nap we had to go buy diapers. A mother sapped of her super powers and a toddler on the brink of naptime in a grocery store, with another little one trailing behind, asking questions ad nauseum. It went exactly how you think it did - with me using both hands to manhandle Silas, as he SCREECHED out of the grocery store, Asher dawdling at the candy machines, and a poor grocery bagger carrying out my box of diapers. Yikes. Anyway, by the time THAT unpleasantry was completed, I was DONE with the morning. I changed Silas' diaper in a hurry, kissed him good night, threw him in bed, and yelled above the wailing, "I love you buddy." An hour and a half later (way way too soon) he woke up saying, "Mom, my everything is all wet." It was - sheets, t-shirt, shorts, blanket, lovey ... his everything was wet. I put everything in the wash, and when I went to change his diaper - I realized I had put it on INSIDE OUT. Inside OUT, friends.

Should've had that glass of water.

and THEN

2. At his Grandma's house this morning, Silas turned a child-sized wicker step-stool upside down, climbed through the spokes, and got his shoulder and arm stuck. STUCK stuck. Every time he tried to pull out of it he choked himself - stuck. Linda called 911, and was on the phone with them when Greg (Paw-Paw) came home. He took a SLEDGEHAMMER to the stool and broke my child free, unharmed. Linda said the only thing he said was, "I want my Mama," and "Paw-Paw saved me."

I swear, if that child lives to his tenth birthday, somebody needs to throw ME a party.

7 comments:

Mandi Miller said...

Oh wow! What a handfull that turkey is! :)

Nikki said...

I got your message today, and literally started laughing out loud! Oh MY! I love it, and I'm so thankful that he wasn't hurt! Let me just say I know who I'll be calling when it's my turn:)

Anonymous said...

A ball full of energy! Also, mental note to self - when Silas turns 10, throw Steph a party. Check!

Jenia said...

Beautiful!

Susan Shehane said...

Why wait until he's ten?

Susan Shehane said...

How do you put on a diaper backward?

Emily said...

You put a diaper on inside out? Well done