Saturday, August 07, 2010

I'm very careful what I say about my job here - or anywhere, really - because of confidentiality. But two mornings a week, I have a really cool job. I really love what I do. For several reasons, actually - but this week I love the fact that I am invited to be a part of the lives of so many different kinds of people.

Yesterday I went into a house that was positively OVERRUN with chihuahuas. My coworker tried to warn me, but there's just no way to really be prepared for seeing that many small dogs in one place. It was all I could do not to just LAUGH inappropriately when they opened the door. They said there were only seven, but that number seems mighty conservative to me. Maybe chihuahuas accumulate by magnitude. Anyway, my point is - here are these kind, earnest people inviting me into their life, hoping I can do something to help their son grow up to reach his potential. What an honor. Chihuahuas notwithstanding.

No comments: