Monday, October 22, 2007

segue

1. I learned something about myself this weekend. Carrie is allowed to move (I suppose). My other two in-town friends are allowed to visit families or The Holy Land, if they so desire. My internet is even allowed to go out. But these things are not allowed to happen simultaneously. When they do, I begin staring at the ceiling fan and contemplating the twirliness of the universe until all is madness. Just so you know. (By the way, we aren't going to talk about how the internet was out because I unscrewed the cable - in another room! leading from a place we don't need a cable! - that leads out of the house. I had forgotten that old houses resemble Alice in Wonderland that way).

But the cable has been fixed, which is to say it's been screwed back into the wall, my friends are back in town, I spoke to Carrie today, and now all is right with the world.

2. (How happy are we that all is right with the world again?)

3. I learned something interesting today. Did you know when you write by hand you are more emotionally connected to what you are saying than when you type it? Something about the right brain being involved in handwriting, while the left brain is involved in typing. Fascinating.

4. Kim, a friend who has been mentioned before, but has not had a link on the sidebar until now, posted her interview today. Go read it, if you will. I have a few more questions to send out, but now that my internet is back, I'll get on that soon.

5. Friday Night Lights, everyone? The Tim Riggins and Jesus storyline is SO interesting. I'm really impressed with how they are portraying Bible Belt Christianity. They aren't exaggerating. But the murder is over-the-top for me; I really hope this doesn't end with Landry in prison.

6. Asher has a new favorite toy, a blue teddy bear that's almost exactly the same size as Asher. He likes to talk to him in the car. Brian felt that a fluffy blue bear wearing a ribbon bow-tie needed a way to assert his masculinity, so he named him Smash. As in Smash Williams, running back for the Dillon Panthers.

7. I had no idea when I started I had seven things to say. Last one: my church is working on policies/procedures to protect our children. Is anyone in this proverbial room surprised that I'm on the steering committee? Last week, in the late service, we had 88 adults and 60 children present. I take the responsibility of a church to its children very seriously; this is one committee that I was glad to join.

8. Wait, one more and then I really am done. Asher is the world's best eater. He eats (unseasoned, mind you) salmon, broccoli, grapes, lemons, anything. I swear sometimes he would continue to take bites as long as I continued to put them in his mouth. Today he had (homemade, by Brian's Aunt Betty) beef and noodles, half a banana, and (wait for it) a glass of milk for lunch. Milk! We're moving away from formula. The baby stage is ending too fast for me.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I can see that with handwriting vs typing. That is why I prefer to write certain things in my paper journal as opposed to the blog.

Anonymous said...

I also found the Tim Riggins thing interesting. it was completely realistic as far as the church, but not really for his character.
Did you know Lialah (not sure how you spell it) is dating John Mayer in real life. So weird.
I love FNL. After three more discs of ROME, we are due to start getting the first season on netflix so Mr. H can FINALLY start watching it. I <3 that show and want to live in austin immediately!

Anonymous said...

1. The internet going out is never the fault of the user (unless the user is someone other than yourself), and almost always coincides with some freak accident of nature which has thus resolved itself by the time someone has arrived to fix the problem.
2. Love that picture
3. I believe that about the letters - which is probably why people also get more excited about snail mail than email - we feel the attachment
4. I will go read Kim's answers, and am waiting my own questions :)
5. Ok, either A) someone send me FNL for Christmas, or B) we will have a FNL marathon when I get back to the states!!
6. we need a picture of Smash and Asher
7. That is very cool your church is nearly 1/2 children, and I'm glad you joined the committee - who better!?
8. I cant believe Asher is eating solid food!! He's going to be such a big boy by the time I get home!!

Anonymous said...

Did you know Henry James's writing changed significantly when he started dictating as opposed to writing? Just FYI...