Sunday, September 30, 2007

this is what happens when i blog before coffee

Last night, all three members of my family slept in different houses. It was very odd.

I didn't sleep well. Taylor was nervous, barking at passers by, and I dreamed of paint. Which isn't as strange as it sounds, considering that my dad, sister, and I spent yesterday painting the new house. Speaking of - I picked a warm, neutral, slightly golden color for the living room. Only I'm afraid it's going to be a lot of work for cream-colored walls. That's what I kept dreaming - cream colored walls with cream-colored trim in a cream-colored world. But when the trim is painted bright white, I hope the yellow shows up a little more. I tried red in the kitchen, but my sister is right - it's going to become Stars and Stripes Forever, with the cobalt blue tile countertop. So now I'm trying a mustard yellow. Anyone have any other suggestions? What does one DO with COBALT BLUE?

So now it's 5:07 am. Starbucks isn't open for another 53 minutes, and they were a part of my master plan for the morning. Alas.

In other news, Georgia's Mom leaves for Israel on Wednesday. Seminarian that she is, it's a great learning opportunity, but if you feel so inclined, please pray that she comes home safely. She has babies and a dog and a husband and a neurotic friend to tend.

And I think Brian called in the middle of the night to tell me that Auburn beat Florida? But that must have been a dream ...

7 comments:

Stephanie said...

Brian has a gig, Asher's at his grandma's house. Because this is Paint All The Time weekend for me. And I should have known that only Valerie would be up this early.

Anonymous said...

How about light gray walls?

Heather said...

I bet Brian DID call to tell you that. Corey sent a text. LOL!

My first thought for the kitchen was light blue or pale yellow. But I am not so sure. There is a paint website (Nehr, maybe) that allows you to try different color pallettes together on rooms.

Anonymous said...

You definitely missed the best AU game of the season.
It feels so much better to paint your own home than one you are renting and have to paint back!
I want to see pictures when you are finished!

Stephanie said...

Emily, gray would work with the blue, but it doesn't work with the rest of the house. Right now I'm considering yellow. I think green would be my first choice (green is always my first choice), but the dining room is green and there's no paint for it in the garage. If I could match that, though, it would be great.

Liz said...

yay for painting your own house! so fun, and wish i could be there to help!!

and stephanie, only you would be up an full hour before starbucks opens. :)

also, everyone should know that they have very fun chinese characters by their names right now....

Tonya said...

I think the white trim will make the yellow come out. It is amazing what painting the trim can do. It is something that you don't even notice once it's done though! I'm not sure about the cobalt blue. Maybe a sage green? I only suggest that b/c that is what my kitchen is!
And to answer your question that has nothing to do with your post, I am planing on breastfeeding. This is something I really want to do but do have some concerns that I might post about soon. Pray!

And War Eagle!