Monday, August 13, 2007

verrry random

!. My friend Jessica has a friend in Indiana who just had QUADRUPLETS last week. I've been praying for these little ones for 7 months now, so I feel like I know them. They have a blog at www.thequadsquad.blogspot.com if you are interested in following their story. Also, one of the babies is named after Jessica's husband (Baron). How fun is that?

@. Today I was on the phone with Carrie, who was telling me how her cat died (so sad), when Asher decided to pull up to stand for the first time. It was a comical moment - I couldn't react verbally because of Carrie's story, but I got all excited. He promptly sat down and hasn't done it again. He's also really close to crawling. He's rocking on all fours and lunging forward at his toys.

#. My dog is shedding. I thought, you know, working full-time, going to graduate school, and having a husband living out of town was a busy life, way back when. I had NO IDEA how busy a shedding dog and a mobile baby would be. I need one of those robots that roams around the house vacuuming. Maybe I could just program it to follow behind Taylor permanently.

$. Yesterday was our one-year anniversary at our church. Can you believe we've been there a year? We've also been in our apartment a year, and Brian has been working for the state for six months. Stability flies while chaos drags its feet.

^. My trip to Nashville was so fun. It was exactly what I needed. I have pictures up on the photo website, if you haven't seen them yet. And, of course, the self-portrait below. While there, I got my hair cut. Yay for shorter hair. Yay for no longer feeling like I look like somebody's mom.

7 comments:

The Bean said...

The ASher standing story is pretty funny. The first time we saw Baby Bean crawl she had shot across the bed and was half way over the edge before we managed to pick our jaws up off the bed to catch her. Pretty funny.

I also got my hair cut a few weeks ago.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, once they are crawling, life never again returns to normal.

Nick M. said...

He is growing up so fast. Now if you can just get Brian potty trained you will be on a roll! ;-)

The Bean said...

Where is Valerie and what's up with her???? Do she still have a site????

Stephanie said...

Hey Emily (Bean, not Rosenbaum) -

Valerie is at www.theconservatory.wordpress.com.

M'elle said...

I gave up on fighting the hair more than once a week. The other 6 days I refer to it as a spice or extra protein in our food, insulation, tumbleweed (for that western feel we like in our home) or just extra dependants we can claim on our taxes as dependants.

M'elle said...

ooooohhh.... sorry. I was redundant by repeating the word dependant twice when I refered to the depedants, I was being redundant. Sorry!