Tuesday, July 03, 2007

another way to fast

I just wanted to tell you guys that a non-blogging friend of mine has chosen to participate in the 40 Day Fast, too. I really like her idea, so I thought I'd share it. Instead of fasting from food for one full day, she's fasting from t.v. for 30 minutes every day (she's really not home very much, and lives a very full life, so to give up 30 minutes of downtime is a significant sacrifice). Rather than watching television, she's using those 30 minutes to pray for the causes that matter most to her. I've tried to think of ways to participate all 40 days, and not just 2. So far, I think her idea is the best way to do that.

Just thought I'd pass it along.

1 comment:

Catherine said...

Hey Stephanie - you left me a comment about my new car, waaayyy back a week or so again, and I meant to come say "hi" but don't think I did.

But I'm glad I waited, because now I learned about the fast...how amazing! Thanks!

Give Asher a hug for me. :)