Thursday, April 12, 2007

Alas. and a birthday.

This morning, while walking, I thought of something interesting to tell you all, but alas - today is Errand Day, and I don't have time to talk this morning. They aren't even fun errands - well, one is, but the rest is notarizing and cancelled checks and stamps and such. Boo. Oh well - with any luck, I'll remember my idea later (and that will require some measure of luck, considering how easily I forget salient details) and post it another day.

Also - yesterday was Amanda (known as "My Friend Amanda" or "My Old Roommate from Auburn" or "My Friend in Houston")'s birthday. I didn't forget it was her birthday, I just didn't realize until last night that yesterday was the 11th. I no longer live in a world where I need to write the date at the top of my paper. So -

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MANDA!



Her kids are older now, but I still love this picture. Want to hear something weird? We've - Amanda and myself, and probably you, too - have crossed the birthday line. It used to be that being another year older was exciting and newsworthy (I'm 15! I'm 21! I'm 24!); now it seems offensive to announce publicly how old someone is. Further evidence that we really are adults.

Happy Thursday everyone. I'm off to be notarized.

No comments: