Thursday, March 15, 2007

The four months we spent in the prayer room was ... man, I keep trying to think of words to describe it, but everything sounds cliche. I'll let "powerful" suffice, though it's not nearly the right word. Anyway, though I've never questioned the decision to leave, part of me will always miss being there, will always wish we could go back.

Having said that - GUESS WHAT. The prayer room has a traveling ministry called "OneThing," and they are coming to NASHVILLE. In APRIL. And. And! It's FREE. So, if you live along 65 - and almost all of you do - try try try to go, and I'll do the same. It will be SO good.

Guess what else. OneThing has a blog, that I discovered this evening. Yay for me! Click here if you're interested. In honor, I'm shamelessly copying and pasting a post from the site. Imitation is the highest form of flattery, right?

Quote of the Week
March 5th, 2007 By Hollie ·

This week’s quote is an excerpt from a farewell letter written by Father Christian, a martyr in Algiers in December 1993/January 1994. The “friend” addressed in this paragraph is his executioner.

“And also you, the friend of my final moment, who would not be aware of what you were doing. Yes, I also say this ‘thank you’ and ‘A-Dieu’ to you in whom I see the face of God. And may we find each other, happy thieves, in Paradise, if it pleases God, the Father of us both.”


You know already why I love them.

No comments: