Monday, February 26, 2007

Good morning. Not sure what you're going to read this morning - it's one of those times when there is so much happening around me, it's easier to avoid the whole thing and talk about the weather. There are too many thoughts banging around; maybe a public arena is not the best place to sort them out. So. You'll either find insignificant details of my life or vague, cryptic statements below. We'll see what tumbles out first.

* I finished the West Wing. Didn't make it to Sunday night, but I did stop for a full 36 hours before picking it back up. All's well that ends well. I'll sleep better at night knowing that Josh, Sam, and Donna are eternally in the West Wing.

* A year ago, we were getting ready to fly down to West Palm Beach to interview with a church. After our weekend there, I was sure we'd be moving to Florida. Of course you already know that we didn't, but as I stood in our little church in Millbrook yesterday, I realized that all of the things I loved about the church in Florida, we have in Millbrook. So maybe I had the location wrong, but I knew what we were looking for. And, really, isn't knowing what you want 68% of the battle? The rest is just tenacity.

* Kat - can you tell that I like Kat's blog? I refer to it all the time. I think if we knew one another in real life, Kat and I could be friends. But I digress - talked last week about how quick christians are to criticize the church and christian culture. We put a lot of energy into tearing one another down. I've been thinking about that since then. Right now, I have two friends who are being slammed by their churches, and I really really want to rant and complain about them. But the truth is - it could just as easily be me. They love my friends, and mean well. I know there have been times when I have had good intentions, but have done more harm than good. They aren't the problem; sin is the problem.

* Do you want to know how crazy I am? I'm keeping data on when Asher sleeps. I could defend it, but you don't want to hear all of my justifications, I'm sure. My professors would have been so proud. So, if you want to hear about the details of Asher's sleeping patterns, email me and I'll send you a spreadsheet.

* All week I've been thinking about how Jesus described our current moment in history. "Because of the increase of wickedness, the love of most will grow cold, but he who stands firm to the end will be saved." I don't think He meant saved from hell; I think He meant we would be saved from the effects of the increase of wickedness. Saved from bitterness, hopelessness, rage - in other words, saved from cold love.

Have a good day, everyone.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are right about being saved.

The Secret Life of Kat said...

I'm glad you enjoy my blog, Stephanie. I've been enjoying yours as well!

I had a chart too of my girls eating/sleeping schedule. I even kept it on my palm pilot...