Tuesday, November 28, 2006

backward, forward

It's funny to me how memory works. In a sense, today is my first day of maternity leave. I haven't completely quit working, but today is the first day I'm home alone with no agenda while Brian is at work. And it feels like the December we spent in Birmingham. It's an odd day.

I should make something more coherent out of this - I should explain what Birmingham felt like, maybe, or how this is different, or something. But I don't think I will. I think I'll leave Birmingham right where it is, and focus instead on what's ahead.

a year ago, we were here:



two years ago, we were here:



Now we are here:




Next year at this time, we'll be planning Asher's birthday party. With any luck, we'll still be in the same city.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe I am hearing Steph WANT to still be in Bama next year. Oh, how times change.

Love you girl.

Stephanie said...

I know. Times do change.

buf said...

so do new parents :)