Monday, September 18, 2006

another call to those more computer literate than myself. but this request will be fun. i promise.

There was a poem called "Alcoholic" in an anthology of poetry my mom used to have. I have no idea which anthology ... anyway, the first line is "He was like the Lord drunk." The poem is about a man who thinks he's holding the world in his hands, but he's really an old drunk, rolling a green marble between his fingers and staring into it for some deeper meaning. I LOVED the poem. But now I can't find it anywhere. Anyone want to help? Valerie? Lane? Janet? You all are pretty savvy at finding the hidden crevices of the Internet. Anyone? Anyone?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Alcoholic" by F.D. Reeve. I found it an e-book called "A World You Haven't Seen". Here's the link: Here

buf said...

well, he beat me!!! (j)