So I PASS on the Six Weird Things (who wants to hear about my weirdness? Plus, anything that's actually weird I would not post publicly, so let's skip the formality). But I need a good filler - like Mary, there are things in my life that I don't want publicly recorded, and those things are currently taking up brainspace usually reserved for blogging - so I'm going to do the life survey instead.
1. What is your idea of perfect happiness?
70 degrees in the sunshine with a cup of coffee and nowhere to be.
2. What is your greatest fear?
Desertion. Second place would be snakes.
3. Which living person do you most admire and why?
I admire my mom's dignity. I admire Stephanie's loyalty. Amanda's thoughtfulness. Mikkee's strength. Brian's hunger. Laurie's tenacity. I could keep going ...
4. What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?
I am a bad communicator. The more excited I am about what you're saying, the more likely I am to interrupt you. I'M SORRY.
5. What is the trait you most deplore in others?
6. What has been your most embarrassing moment?
As if I would tell you.
7. What vehicles do you own?
Well ... I own a Honda Civic. But that's not so interesting ... my parents, on the other hand, own FIVE CARS, which is more entertaining than a Honda.
8. What is your greatest extravagance?
I live a middle class lifestyle. Most of my time is spent on extravagance.
9. What is your most treasured possession?
10. Where would you like to live?
I want to be where I am more than I want to live in a particular place. So, here.
11. What makes you depressed?
12. What do you most dislike about your appearance?
If I tell you, then the next time you see me you'll notice and think, she's right. That's not so appealing. So I think I'll keep that to myself.
13. Who would play you in a movie of your life?
Probably some normal looking maternal figure like Sally Field.
14. What is your most unappealing habit?
I tend to clean in spurts. It drives Brian/ roommates crazy.
15. What is your favorite smell?
Coffee. Vanilla, because it smells like home. Cinnamon.
16. What is your favorite word?
17. What is your favorite book?
Brown Bear, Brown Bear, What Do You See?
18. What is your fancy dress costume of choice?
Um ... I have only one outfit. I wear jeans and cotton shirts and sandals. Count on it.
19. Radiator or air conditioning?
Are you asking me to choose? I'm a middle class American. I don't have to choose.
20. Cat or dog?
21. Is it better to give or to receive?
I agree with Janet - you can't have one without the other.
22. What is your guiltiest pleasure?
Avoiding salaried career-type work.
23. To whom would you most like to say sorry and why?
I think I'm all caught up.
24. What or who is the greatest love of your life?
You already know ...
25. Which living person do you most despise and why?
I have the hardest time with people who have hurt people that I love.
26. Have you ever said “I love you” without meaning it?
I don't think so.
27. Which words or phrases do you most overuse?
"So" "..." "Anyway" "Good times"
28. What has been your biggest disappointment?
That there are no guarantees.
29. What is your greatest regret?
I would have enjoyed having an English degree.
30. When and where were you happiest?
PHS, Auburn, Nashville.
31. When did you last cry, and why?
Last week. Over things beyond my control.
32. How do you relax?
West Wing relaxes me (seems like an oxymoron, doesn't it?). So does sitting on the back porch. So does talking to a friend.
33. What single thing would improve the quality of your life?
Not needing a single thing to improve my quality of life.
34. What do you consider your greatest achievement?
35. What keeps you awake at night?
Not much. I usually collapse into bed ... Most of the time, I've already fallen asleep on the couch and wake up just enough to get to the bed.
36. What song would you like played at your funeral?
The Love of God, by Rich Mullins.
37. How would you like to be remembered?
As someone who loved well.
38. What is the most important lesson life has taught you?
There is a season for everything.