Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Melinda has a great post up right now

about surrender and following God and such like of the which. Your point, Melinda, about fighting for one thing to work only to realize there's been another good option just sitting there all along ... I get that. I have been thinking about the Apostles recently, how they prayed and cast lots and took the results as God's will. Or when Paul had a dream, and took it to mean that he should do something else, and then did it. It'd be nice to have the audible voice of the Lord every time, but, more often than not, we have to just make the best choice we can and hope for the best.

Wisdom. Is the word I've gotten most recently. Ask for wisdom, and it will be given freely to us, as long as, once we receive it, we don't look back. The person who looks back will be tossed to and fro like the waves, and cannot assume he should receive anything from God. (a paraphrase of James 1). God, we need wisdom. Amen.

1 comment:

buf said...

oh, yeah, what I just said at your other post - about adoption. I guess that's what I was wondering, too. fighting too hard for the one thing, when maybe the other thing is ...you know. I'll stop prying now :) (jab)