Monday, January 09, 2006

Employed

So, both the Shehane sisters and their respective husbands have all started new jobs. Three out of four of us started work today. How about that ... My sister is working for a law firm, I'm working at everyone's favorite coffee shop, Brian is serving tables, and David is making copies. And our parents can sleep again, knowing that all their chil'ren are gainfully employed.

My dad, by the way, retired last week after THIRTY NINE YEARS of work. By the time he was my age, he'd already been to war and back and had been working in his chosen profession for 8 years. It's hard to imagine that anyone in our generation is going to be able to say the same.


Sleep tight,
ssg

1 comment:

buf said...

heh, professions are for ze trash! this is Janet the crazy Hallmark lady and I miss you, crazy Starbucks lady :)