Monday, October 24, 2005

Segue

In the past few years, I have become really critical of the Christian subculture, the books and music that imitate secular culture, but are a few years behind and not quite as good. Maybe it was bandlife that drew my attention to this. Or maybe it was living in Nashville, all of the black-shirted tattooed young men sitting in Fido in the middle of the day, taking meetings over coffee while their wives worked 50 hrs a week to support them. Maybe it's seeing friends churned up and spit out by the underbelly of the industry, and seeing them turn to that which betrayed them to find their redemption. Maybe it's the entire "Christian Fiction" section of any book store now (unbelievable) … it's hard to say exactly where my animosity towards All-Things-Christian took root. But it leaves me in an odd position.

It means I don't really fit anywhere.

Which leads us to Home, Part 2 …

No comments: