Saturday, October 29, 2005

10-29-05

Today, standing in my parents' new house, my mom says, "When does this place become your home?" My first thought was, maybe it never does. Once I thought a little, though, I think it never will be and always will be. They are my family, and they live there. In that sense, that house will always have the familiarity that I sense when I am with my parents. But my current home is with Brian ... even if they lived in the house I grew up in, my home would not be there. And it's definitely not where I live now (which is, currently, in the Civic). I guess what I'm saying is that Home is a feeling more than a place. And I have known that before now, but this experience has reminded me.

That's all.

1 comment:

Stephanie said...

That's a good point - I'm not homeless as much as I'm houseless.